Keranov

Any gamers here?

Didn't see off-topic threads here and decided to create some.

This one is about the gamers. Are there any here? If so, what video games do you play? How much time do you spend playing games per day?

I'm a gamer for more than 7 years and I have played a lot of different video games - Counter Strike 1.6, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, NBA 2K11, NBA 2K12, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Team Fortress 2, ARK: Survival Evolved, Minecraft, World of Warships and much more. Going to try Grand Theft Auto V in a few months.

• Appreciate 1

Definitely consider myself a gamer, although I have slowed down a lot in the past few years. But I grew up playing NES/SNES, N64, and PlayStation. Pretty much had most "major" consoles from then until now, but not the latest couple of Nintendo systems and Xbox One. PC holds up just fine, but it's getting to that point where I need to upgrade the GPU at least (and get away from SLI since companies never got into supporting it).

I don't really have a particular genre I play more than others, but I think my most "nostalgic" one would be JRPGs. Anything Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Shin Megami Tensei, etc, are my jam. I played a lot of Call of Duty in high school since that's what everyone was into, and while I know what a lot of the gaming community thinks of that series, I really enjoyed it at the time.

1 hour ago, Keranov said:

Going to try Grand Theft Auto V in a few months.

Might have to do this myself at some point. I'm surprised I never have yet, and it's been out for a while. The good thing is that it should be pretty cheap these days. Looks great tbh.

I'm really looking forward to Ashes of Creation (it's an MMORPG). Haven't played MMOs for quite a while — the last one I was into for only a few months was Black Desert Online (minus playing the Korean test for quite a while beforehand. Game just went way too cash-shoppy and the grind isn't the good kind imo).