teammja

How to get a Flat Stomach?

Many of us is very conscious when our stomach became flabby , specially women or mommies like me that already gave birth. Specially, when summer season is approaching, I know many ladies wants to achieve that for Bikini Body shaped. ;;) I know most of us wants to strive and our goal is to achieve that toned or flat tummy.

For those who already achieved it.

Do you have any suggestions, tips, ways on how to flatten our belly?

There are several things that I do to be able to achieve a flat stomach. One of it is reverse plank. It is very difficult to stay in that position for one minute on you first go but as your repeat it it will become easier. It contracts the abdominal muscles and straighten back. Another is sit ups. You should be doing this regularly with around 50-100 sit ups to achieve better and faster results.

Is it true that when you drink a water with lemon, it can also flatten stomach? Is there anyone here who try this, and does it really flatten your belly?

The best and easy way is to control and change your eating habits because no matter how hard you work out and still you eat fatty foods everyday then you will always end up having large mid section. Always remember that losing weight is always ninety percent diet and ten percent exercise.

Edited by kaisantos
  • Like 1

Eat your foods slowly.  I don't know if it's effective, but a lot of my friends told me that.  Just keep walking or jogging.  avoid too much beer. well play some sports, I don't know the rest, oh yeah, sit ups and planking. 

1 hour ago, kaisantos said:

The best and easy way is to control and change your eating habits because no matter how hard you work out and still you eat fatty foods everyday then you will always end up having large mid section. Always remember that losing weight is always ninety percent diet and ten percent exercise.

Pretty much this. Losing fat is about being in a caloric deficit: eat under the amount required by your body to maintain its current weight. For instance: if you eat 2,000 calories per day and are at the same weight all the time (with small fluctuations due to water weight, which is normal), then decrease those calories by 200-300 per day and you'll start to see fat loss. Technically, you'd see it at any amount of calories less than maintenance, but 200-300 is a good range to use to see decent progress over time without feeling super hungry all the time.

Exercise and physical activity is a good way of increasing your body's thermogenesis so that it burns more calories (through EAT). I actually wrote an article yesterday about starvation mode that goes into this a bit. While it's not a specific fat-loss article, the content is essentially geared toward those that want to lose some body fat:

The other tip about eating slower might work for people that aren't afraid to waste — or put away half eaten — food. It takes a little while for our brain to realize that we're full, so if you're a fast eater you can overeat without realizing it. But a better method would be to weigh out your food, read the labels, and calculate the amount of calories you're consuming. It's more accurate, and you'd only take out the food you know you should be eating. An app like MyFitnessPal is great help for something like that.

EDIT: also forgot to mention, fat loss is a bit different between men and women. While it's not a hard and fast rule, it is a generality: men tend to store their fat in their midsection first, then other parts of the body. So when we're losing fat, we tend to see other parts lean up before the midsection, with that area leaning up last. For women, fat is usually stored in the hips first. Same logic applies there. 

Edited by Cemmos
fat storage comment
  • Like 3

I would also like to point out that working out a particular body part does not cause fat loss in that particular area. your body will take the fat from wherever when it utilises your adipose tissue. obviously exercise is important ( as it will help you reach that calorific deficit Cemmos mentioned) - working out your core in particular wont necessarily burn fat from that area but it will build up your ab muscles so when you do burn that fat off you can see your abdominals a little better.

A slim and sexy stomach is something most of us covet. Unfortunately, you can not just exercise your way to it. A lot has to do with what you put into your mouth. I find that one contributor to a bloated belly is gluten. That's why I choose to eliminate it from my diet. But not everyone can specially since it pops up in everything from salad dressing to soy sauce. Lemon juice is also great for giving you an energy boost, so try swapping your morning coffee with hot water and lemon and not only will you be feeling much healthier, but you won’t experience the caffeine crash. Salt is often in far more foods than many people realize; processed foods typically contain a large amount of it. This is one of the main culprits for bloating.

I did not already achieved it but it is on progress. Just do some sit up routines. I would like to recommend to you to perform some planking. I know that this is pretty easy to perform this routine so no worries to do this because I guarantee it that you can do it. :)

There are a lot of ways to have a flat belly. For faster but unnatural way, you can try slimming products. However, not all does have the same effect. Some of these can also be harmful in our health. That's why I suggest you try these:

Slow - Phase and Long Term Diet

Food: Consume at least 2,000 calories per day. After three months, lessen the calorie intake from 2,000 to 1,500 calories per day. You should also eating fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid food that has a high calorie or high sugar. Avoid sweets such as candies, soda, beer, and sweetened drinks. Dairy products such as milk or even coffee has a low-sugar. You could consider those. Drink 16 glasses a day. Not just only 8 but it is recommended for adults that you drink at least 16 glasses a day. It is best partner with lemon. 

Do you think you can't take 16 glasses? These are my tips:

Upon waking up in the morning, drink 1 glass of lukewarm water. Grab your breakfast and drink another one after you meal.

Drink 2 glasses of water between10:00-12:00 time interval.

Drink a glass of water before lunch. Drink TWO glasses of water after having your meal. 

Drink four glasses of water between 12:00 nn to 4:00pm. 

Before having your snack, drink 1 glass of water, and another one afterwhich.

Before supper, drink one glass, and another one after meal. 

You have a total of 15 glasses and the last glass is intended before sleeping.

Following this routine will definitely help you lose a bunch of weight. Without any exercise, I have lost 6 kilos in just two months. I am a healthcare provider so I do not have an ample time in doing exercises and long runs. 

Exercise: For a flatter belly, make sure you include curl-ups, planking, flutter kicks, and mountain climbers. Create your own program. But before anything else first, make sure that you have spared one hour for walk-and-run. You can jog, walk, and run before executing this. If you have other sports like kickboxing or boxing, this will greatly help to flatten your stomach. Fats need cardio workout in order to burn it. Cardio workout includes jogging and running intensely.

Sports: All those sports that includes running such as Basketball, Volleyball, Table Tennis, Tennis, Muay Thai, Boxing, and Soccer. Swimming is also good for flattening the stomach. 

Vitamins: Take Vitamin C and E always. Aside from that, you could take medications or food supplement that has L-carnitine and pair it with other medications or food supplement for faster reducing of BMI. Take note that taking L-carnitine alone won't trim or reduce your fats. 

Rest: Sleep earl and sleep for 8-10 hours a day. 

Additional: Perserverance, Determination, and Discipline. If you want to have a flat stomach, better do something about it. Be inspired and motivated. As I said, these are long-term and the effects will be evident when consistently following these. Slow it down. Most of us want a faster result. It is better that the progress is slow but the routine is followed correctly than you are progressing too fast and not prioritizing the correct program. 

• Appreciate 1

Most women that I know normally make use of tommy trimming tea to achieve this flat stomach, personally I'm not sure if this does not have any side effects which is why I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The best and healthy way to attain a flat stomach in my opinion is by going to the gym and being careful and cautious about what you eat. 

Going to the gym is definitely going to take a while before you get a flat stomach but with determination and commitment, you will get your flat stomach. 

The first thing is understanding that the cause of big stomach is as a result of gases that we got through taking alcohol and other foods that we eat. So, moderation of the way we take such food is important for no matter the amount of training we take, it can't make it impossible for us not to have those type of stomach. 

On the best way to have a flat stomach, I would have to suggest planking though it is difficult to do, but this is one of the best ways to trims the fats that we have at the stomach. Registering in a gym centre can be a step forward as well. 

A lot of running, cycling, situps, push-ups and lats would get your tummy flat.  It's easier done when your young but when you reach the age of 40 onwatds, losing weight and maintaining a flat stomach gets tougher by the year.  

One of the best, easiest and cheapest effective method of having good abs is by Running daily.   

You would notice your stomach is at its best in the morning. I think it also has to do something with our eating habit. What I do to maintain a flat stomach is to not eat a lot. You can eat from time to time just so you won’t get hungry, but still not to much. I do atleast 50-100 reps of crunches daily. For ladies I think 50 would be enough. I think you may also do belly dancing, you probably wont get a perfectly flat stomach by just dancing alone but it helps. You can just watch lessons online and do it at home during your free time.

Whenever I feel that my belly is being bloated again I always do Yoga. Yoga composed of different sit-ups that can really help to get a flatter stomach or nice abs. You may find great tutorials on YouTube about Yoga. It also fits on you because you're a girl it doesn't require intense workout it's really easy to do.

On 2/10/2018 at 1:09 AM, Cemmos said:

Pretty much this. Losing fat is about being in a caloric deficit: eat under the amount required by your body to maintain its current weight. For instance: if you eat 2,000 calories per day and are at the same weight all the time (with small fluctuations due to water weight, which is normal), then decrease those calories by 200-300 per day and you'll start to see fat loss. Technically, you'd see it at any amount of calories less than maintenance, but 200-300 is a good range to use to see decent progress over time without feeling super hungry all the time.

Exercise and physical activity is a good way of increasing your body's thermogenesis so that it burns more calories (through EAT). I actually wrote an article yesterday about starvation mode that goes into this a bit. While it's not a specific fat-loss article, the content is essentially geared toward those that want to lose some body fat:

The other tip about eating slower might work for people that aren't afraid to waste — or put away half eaten — food. It takes a little while for our brain to realize that we're full, so if you're a fast eater you can overeat without realizing it. But a better method would be to weigh out your food, read the labels, and calculate the amount of calories you're consuming. It's more accurate, and you'd only take out the food you know you should be eating. An app like MyFitnessPal is great help for something like that.

EDIT: also forgot to mention, fat loss is a bit different between men and women. While it's not a hard and fast rule, it is a generality: men tend to store their fat in their midsection first, then other parts of the body. So when we're losing fat, we tend to see other parts lean up before the midsection, with that area leaning up last. For women, fat is usually stored in the hips first. Same logic applies there. 

Thank you for creating/writing this article,this is very informative.It explains alot,and direct to the point. Now,I have an idea on how to flatten my tummy. 

Edited by teammja

I deleted a couple of the last posts in here. Guys, please don't just copy-paste from other websites. I understand if you want to give advice, but you could simply link to that website instead. But the best way would be to use the knowledge you have at hand, and link to sources if need be.

• Like 1