Coolprogramer36

Steroids for body building

Yes It's true steroids can build muscles in a abnormal way and it is dangerous if you over use it. Over using steroids can cause dangerous organ failures such as kidney failure, liver damage, enlarged heart, high blood pressure and changes in blood cholesterol, all of witch increase the risk of stroke and heart attack. So you better do it on a natural way than taking the risk.

No, I think not. Steroids will not build any muscles, but it will boost your Adrenalin for you to feel not tired while working.  You will work for your muscles of course, but the steroids just helps you to feel motivated and to work hard to achieve the body you want.  well just my opinion, because if someone using steroids, and steroids can build muscles, the steroids users should just wait and gain, It's not necessary for them now to go to the gym now.

I must disagree with Ion since a study has found steroid use alone actually did increase muscle mass ( even more than those resistance training without steroids) in a 10 week study (http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199607043350101)  of 43 people

• Group 1 did NOT do any form of exercise, and did NOT receive any form of steroids or drugs. (Natural guys doing no weight training.)
  • Group 2 did NOT do any form of exercise, but they received weekly injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate. (Drug users doing no weight training.)
  • Group 3 DID exercise, but they did NOT receive any form of steroids or drugs. (Natural guys doing weight training.)
  • Group 4 DID exercise, and they also received weekly injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate. (Drug users doing weight training.)

All of their diets (calorie intake, protein intake, nutrient intake, etc.) were standardized according to each person’s body weight, recorded, verified and adjusted when needed. The 2 groups who WERE weight training (groups 3 and 4) followed the same supervised workouts each week.

RESULTS:

• Group 1 (no exercise, natural) experienced no significant changes. No surprise there.
  • Group 2 (no exercise, drug use) was able to build about 7 pounds of muscle. That’s not a typo. The group receiving testosterone injections and NOT working out at all gained 7 pounds of muscle.
  • Group 3 (exercise, natural) was able to build about 4 pounds of muscle.
  • Group 4 (exercise, drug use) was able to build about 13 pounds of muscle

The reason why a steroid user would still hit the gym is to maximise their results - not to say they wouldn't gain lean mass if they just sat on their ass too though. Now this is only one study but that aside pretty interesting

NOW BEFORE anyone thinks I am condoning steroid use- I am not. In my mind there are just far too many potential health effects - many studies linked to heart issues. Jeff Nippard did a great video on the science of steroids

Edited by AdamKeto
  • Like 1