Zeke

Tips for building a bigger chest

Building a bigger chest has been a challenge for me. I have been doing chest workouts as always however it seems like I am not really getting the result. Can you guys please share some tips and your best chest workouts. Really appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi there! Aside from having push-ups regularly, you can try having different sets of bench press. There are a lot of different styles of bench press. Consider these type once you workout. 

1. Barbell Bench Press
2. Flat Bench Dumbbell Bench Press
3. Low- Incline Barbell Bench Press
4. Seated Machine Bench Press
5. Pec - Deck Machine

This overall can generate boost on your chest area. Just create a plan for it. If you don't know these you might check it on google. Hope this helps!

Toning your muscle is different from building a muscle. If you want to have a bigger chest muscle then the first thing you should do is to have a good nutritional food diets that has protein and calories. You need calories to gain muscle mass and protein for your muscle growth and repair. And when you have build a diet regimen, then you proceed to your chest exercise. Remember achieving your goal needs a lot of dedication so better be mentally prepared in order for you to succeed.

Edited by kaisantos

improving chests is more on heavy weight lifting and push ups. From those activities it will enhance the shape of your chests and built a solid muscle as well. Guys are pretty conscious when it comes to their chest because that is one factor of their appeal.

wut.jpg"Toning muscle" is quite the myth. When someone looks ripped, it has little to do with the type of workouts they're doing — it comes down to having a low body fat percentage. And protein = calories, although yes, protein is good for building mass.

It's hard to really give tips because it comes down to what you're currently doing. If you're not seeing much progress, there's something wrong with your routine or you've not been at it for long enough to build adequate mass. I suppose the lifts Jigz mentioned are good as a catch-all.

Working out a muscle group twice per week tends to be recommended for hypertrophy (muscle mass), but I believe strength increases don't need more frequency. So if you're looking to get stronger, but not larger, then once per week should be fine. In your particular case, you'd want to train your chest twice per week.

Make sure you're getting enough protein, which is really going to be dictated by your current lean mass. For those that don't want to track macros, my honest advice: just eat a lot of meat or protein-rich foods. 

There should also be a bunch of hypertrophy plans around the internet; some superior to others, but most will quite honestly work for beginners. It's usually once you start reaching your natural limits where you need to sit down and plan things out. But at the stage many people are at, they just need to put the time and effort in.

• Like 1

This was a very helpful topic. I have not been able to fill out my chest like I would like as well. With summer coming up, I want to really get everything looking it's best. I was always skinny growing up, so I was not able to look how I wanted. But now as an adult that controls my own workouts and diets, there is really no excuse. Gonna try some of the things suggested here and see how it goes.