Coolprogramer36

What are the right foods for beginners like me

I started to build my muscle last year but I didn't  see a big result , instead a hard tiny muscles. I would like to know what is the right foods or drinks to take for beginners like me in order to build big and strong muscles. Any suggestions will help.

Hey 

First off I really reccomend that you get yourself the App myfitness pal as this will help you track your macronutrients. 

Depends how you want to approach your diet but you approximately need 0.8-1.2g protien per pound of lean body mass (body weight - fat mass). The rest you can get from fats or carbs or a mix of the two. Ideally a balanced diet keeping the fats around 20% of your daily macros

There is no one special food that will make your muscles bigger. But if you get plenty of protien and are in a slight calorie surplus + resistance training you will see results. You can build muscle and burn fat at the same time if you are new to training and this is called a body recomposition. 

Again it depends on your goals. You could bulk and then cut (whilst maintaining adequate protein and resistance training) or eat at a slight calorie deficit/ maintence and try a body recomp (if you are new to training)

• Like 2
  • Appreciate 1

There's also some efficacy to the point "listen to your body." That's not to say if you're craving a pint of ice cream, have that. But more in the sense of "if you're hungry, make sure you eat." When it comes to beginners, there's very little that actually holds them back from gaining mass — especially in the first year, where they can put on a lot of mass in comparison to the years beyond that (assuming they're training enough and get decent macros at maintenance calories or above).

The idea of prepping meals or logging everything into an app might be daunting for beginners that don't care too much about the logistics of things. Sometimes people simply want to look a little better/bigger (or smaller for women) than they currently are. As you start to expend more energy working out, your body will require more calories to make up for the energy deficit.

Now, that doesn't work for everyone, since there are a lot of people that just don't really feel hungry even if they're very active (not much of an appetite, likely due to their body being used to not eating when it should). So for people that have a hard time eating enough food, they should definitely at least get an app like MyFitnessPal to help them out. Some people need to somewhat force the food down, and an app is a good way of making sure you're getting enough, but not too much, calories every week. 

• Like 2
  • Appreciate 1