Cemmos

Which supplements do you take — if any?

Which Supplements Do You Take  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you take supplements?

• Yes, I take supps (describe in post below)
    • No, I don't take any supps
    • I used to, but not at the moment

At the moment, I'm mostly only taking creatine and LCLT on a daily basis.

Drop a comment below with your answer after you vote in the poll!

• Like 1

Yes the one that I'm taking now is Omega three food supplement it say this supplement prevent major diseases and this food supplement is a premium deep sea salmon oil  and also Im taking cherifer PGM 10-22 this is also a food supplement for teenager like me to help maximize growth potential this supplement also have other benefits. I'm no eighteen years old and I'm still hoping that I will grow taller so that why I'm taking cherifer and im hopeful that I will get the result that I've been wanting. 

I'm only starting to get into this world of physical fitness, and I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to this sort of stuff. If anyone could give some tips on which supplements are good to take, it would be very much appreciated. I am 180 cm at 85 kg (down from 105), still with a high percentage of body fat I guess?

No I don't take any supplements, it's not because I don't believe in supplements, it is because for me eating healthy natural foods is more better than taking supplements.

No, I don't take any supplements, but I always take the soya every morning, before go to work.  I don't want my body to depends on any supplements, and I think I don't need it yet. any suggestion if what the best supplements for lack of sleep. and to boost my cardio.  Because right now, I only have time to work out every weekends, and most of the time just jogging and playing basketball.

I only take vitamin E 400IU. I find that taking Vitamin E is good for my body and skin. Other than this, I do not take any other supplements. 

I don't use any supplement as a food or for body building. I believe that supplement can help in one person like achieving the desire body built but for me natural thing is the best. Natural not only cheap it also much healthier way because its toxic free and no artificial chemicals that you will intake.

5 hours ago, Cemmos said:

I have to ask you though, how long have you been taking Creatine? The reason why I'm asking this is when my husband started taking these a few years back, he started to have frequent stomach muscle cramps. At first he thought that he just lacked water and is being dehydrated but when things progressed, we found out that this is due to his creatine intake. How about you? Did you have these sometimes too?

I don't take any supplements as of this moment but I did take vitamins before because I had to gain weight. I was losing weight that time due to stress but I stopped after taking it for a year. I started to gain weight again so I had to stop taking vitamins. Now, I always watch what I eat and make sure to have proper sleep to avoid the stress and losing some weight again. Supplements are a good way if you're struggling with your health but it's also good to take it in a natural way. 

Basically I don't take any supplements but I drink energy drinks because I don't feel to be healthy with supplements. I rather ate vegetables abpnd fruits than supplements. But I admit that I look some vitamins for myself. For me, vegetables and fruits are enough with proper exercise and rest. I think supplements is for the people who dont eat vegetables.

I don't think supplements are necessary as long as you are dedicated to your workout routine. Just a proper diet and daily exercise is enough. Not taking supplements can even make you healthier because some of them have chemicals which might even make your health worse.

I take multivitamins everyday which I think is beneficial for me since I have low immune system. I need it aside from eating healthy diets that I maintain. It's a complete vitamins from A-Z which is very important to keep my body fights against diseases and functions very well. There are sometimes that I can't eat fruits or vegetables especially when I'm in hurry or busy for work. Usually when you're at work, the available food at the restaurants or pantry are greasy unhealthy foods. Having a multivitamins helps back it up the vitamins that I need everyday.

Edited by Joanncali
  • Like 1

I take a multi-vitamin because I'm pretty sure I don't get all my nutrients because of my diet restrictions. I take a probiotic because my diet doesn't allow diary so I can't have yoghurt until my cheat day. Because of my thin hair and sometimes thin nails, I take Biotin which helps to strengthen both. I also take  protein shakes when I'm extremely hungry especially after working out. I find this stops me from reaching for those wicked carbs!

No I don’t. I haven’t and I am scared to be honest. I am afraid there will be side effects of taking supplements that might hurt or might be bad to my health. I think working out and eating healthy food would just be enough for me as I am not really into body building as well.

11 hours ago, AmieBotella said:

I have to ask you though, how long have you been taking Creatine? The reason why I'm asking this is when my husband started taking these a few years back, he started to have frequent stomach muscle cramps. At first he thought that he just lacked water and is being dehydrated but when things progressed, we found out that this is due to his creatine intake. How about you? Did you have these sometimes too?

Stomach pain can happen. I would guess it's due to too much intake of creatine, which a lot of people seem to do (along with not enough intake of water). As for your question, I've been using it for as long as I can remember in the past 9+ years, but only the last couple of years I've been using it every single day. Before, I used to take what I had, then stop using it for a while after that ran out. Then pick up more eventually. In a sense, you could say I cycled it, but that wasn't actually my intention when I was doing that. 

EDIT: long post got ahead of me. I forgot to mention that purity of the product matters too. I like to use Labdoor before buying a specific product to make sure it's legit. Site has great rankings/info on it.

5 hours ago, Vinsanity said:

I don't think supplements are necessary as long as you are dedicated to your workout routine. Just a proper diet and daily exercise is enough. Not taking supplements can even make you healthier because some of them have chemicals which might even make your health worse.

I could agree with this for a lot of people, but athletes (amateur and pro alike) can see pretty great benefits from supplementation. Or in the sense of bodybuilders: when you're a very large, muscular person, it's hard to find the time and stomach to eat as much protein as they might need everyday. So you would supplement with whey or casein to hit your macro quota.

In the vein of creatine, the extra skeletal water and ATP production can help one push out more reps and have more strength than they would without supplementation. 

For the average person that just wants to be healthy, slim, what have you: most likely they don't need to supplement unless they have some sort of deficiency (normally vitamins, like B12). There are instances where supplements are recommended by their doctor for whatever health reason they need help with.

7 hours ago, Coolprogramer36 said:

Basically I don't take any supplements but I drink energy drinks because I don't feel to be healthy with supplements. I rather ate vegetables abpnd fruits than supplements. But I admit that I look some vitamins for myself. For me, vegetables and fruits are enough with proper exercise and rest. I think supplements is for the people who dont eat vegetables.

The thing is, fruits and vegetables don't provide all of the micronutrients that we need. This is partly why fortified foods have become a thing: foods are fortified because the essential vitamin is not found in abundance elsewhere. For instance, Vitamin D is a very common thing for people to be deficient in, which is why things like almond milk are fortified with a certain amount of UI. The other option is to supplement with a vitamin D3 soft gel or gummy. This is particularly important in the winter when people are getting out less, and the sun is not as strong as it is during other seasons.

At the end of the day, I do believe most people can be healthy without the need of vitamins or supplements. Although, we do need fortified foods, lest we go deficient in particular vitamins. But that in itself is supplementation of vitamins we normally wouldn't get otherwise. 

Edited by Cemmos
added Labdoor comment
  • Like 1
  • Appreciate 1

currently just creatine and protein. I am thinking of starting to take LCLT again due to its androgen receptor boosting benefits. 

as I have just started Keto I am considering supplementing with a multivit particularly for potassium 

• Like 1

Actually I took some supplements after doing my workout. I don't want to have a muscular body but I want to have a normal body or healthy body. To be honest I'm a little thin but not literary thin. It's look like I'm a thin because of my height. I am tall and I want to be more fat that's why I took those supplement such as those whey protein.

I don't take any supplements. I would like to get ripped naturally by exercising. Since I have limited knowledge about supplements, I would like to ask a question. Why do you have to take supplements? What are their benefits and side-effects(if they do have any)? Thank You.

I think a lot of this is lost on the current folks here. It's strange that everyone keeps bringing up "natural" as if vitamins and supplements are unnatural. Vitamins are essential to us, there's no going around it; if you get your vitamin D from, say, almond milk, you're supplementing vitamin D from that milk, because it was never there to begin with. We have to put those vitamins into the milk. It's what we call fortified foods. I speak a little bit about that here:

When I mention creatine, it is quite natural. We consume creatine through meats, and we produce it (creatinine) in our bodies. This is true of many of the various supplements out there.

To first dispel the notion that these things aren't natural, we should define what natural means:

natural-definition.png

Still using our example, creatine: it is not a man-made thing. It occurs naturally in vertebrates. Of course, there are some that may say supplements are indeed made by humans, because the pure forms of them aren't found in nature. My argument to that is your birthday cake is not natural, because it's made up of pure ingredients that humans had to extract from various sources.

One of the reasons I built Androgrow is to help spread knowledge and educate those willing to learn. We do this utilizing all of the knowledge we can, through various scientific studies and journals. So it's my hope that at least a few people will learn from the things we post here. If you don't exactly know the subject we're speaking on, that's alright. But what I've noticed from a few members is the need to post absolutely false notions that are in no way backed by science, but purely from disproved myths of the 20th century.

Instead of misleading other members, it's best to take a step back and give thought to why a certain belief is, well, believed. If you can't find credible evidence either through the thought process or reliable sources such as books or studies, then it's safe to say that the thought stems from a myth we learned growing up.

• Appreciate 1

On 2/8/2018 at 10:02 AM, Cemmos said:

Hi there, I'm taking the ff. supplements for the past 2years :

RiteMed 500mg Vit.C 

Neurogen E Vit. B Complex with Vit.E

Revicon Max Multi Vit. w/Royal Jelly

Pharmaton G115 w/ Ginseng

Enduranz caps which increases testosterone / sperm count.

A total of 5 supplements a day taken 2X a day to help me boost my energy level and to keep my mind and body healthy.